The Vespar Martini: Casino Royale – Although it’s the classic martini, shaken not stirred, that EVERYONE knows and associates with James Bond, It was the Vespar that gained fame in his latest group of movies, this one particularly in Casino Royale. Interestingly, there are a slew of drinks Bond has ordered over the years and movies, but the classic Martini, and the Vespar have gained the most fame. –
3 measures of Gordon’s Gin
1 measure of Russian Standard vodka
1/2 measure Kina Lillet
Lemon peel for garnish
The Bloody Mary is a hangover cure and a nutritious breakfast; what more could you want after an indulgent night of partying?
Ingredients in the Classic Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Celery salt
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1 Lime wedge
- 2 oz Grey Goose Vodka
- 4 oz Tomato juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- 2 tsp Prepared horseradish
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch Celery salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Smoked paprika
Garnish: Celery stalk and lime wedge
How to make the Classic Bloody Mary Cocktail
Pour some celery salt onto a small plate. Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass. Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated. Fill with ice and set aside. Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in. Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice. Shake gently and strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with a celery stalk and a lime wedge.
This may be the last cure for your headache after a hangover.
1 oz vodka
6 oz tomato juice
1 can of beer
1 raw egg Into a tall frosty mug, pour the vodka and tomato juice. Pour in the beer, then crack the egg into it. Do not stir –
If you purchased Girl Scout Cookies and don’t know what to do with it. We have some great tasty cocktail recipes that have been designed to take like our favorite Girl Scout cookies. Now, you just don’t have to eat a cookie, you can drinka cookie too.
Thin Mint Cocktail
The Thin Mint is arguably the most popular type of Girl Scout cookie, and there are just so many things about it that also translate to a great cocktail.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 2 sprigs of fresh mint and 1 1/2 oz. vodka.
- Add 1 1/2 oz. Bailey’s, 1 Tbsp. chocolate syrup and ice. Shake it up and then give it a taste. Add more chocolate if you want, and then shake it up again.
- Add a bit of chocolate syrup at the bottom of your cocktail glass, pour the mixture over it, and enjoy.
Peanut Butter Patty Cocktail
If Peanut Butter Patties had a heart beat, we’d marry them. Since they don’t, we’ll settle for drinking them.
- In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, add 1 1/2 oz. Godiva dark chocolate liqueur, 1 1/2 oz. Castries Peanut rum creme, 3/4 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream, and 3/4 oz. half and half.
- Shake until the shaker is lightly frosted.
- Drizzle chocolate peanut butter simple syrup (recipe at link above) in a zig-zag pattern on the inside of a cocktail glass. Strain the liquid into the glass. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Samoa Cookie Cocktail
We grew up calling these Caramel Delights,but we are fine with calling them Samoas too if it means we can eat (drink) them.
- Chill glass in the freezer for 5 minutes. While glass is chilling, put 1/2 cup shredded coconut on a small plate and then place 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup on another small plate.
- Take the glass out of the freezer and run its rim through the chocolate syrup. Place the glass back in the freezer for 30 seconds and discard the remaining chocolate syrup (or lick it off the plate. We won’t tell.)
- Remove the glass from the freezer and place it’s rim in the shredded coconut, pressing lightly to make sure it sticks to the chocolate. Put the glass back in the freezer while you mix the cocktail.
- In a cocktail shaker filled half-way with ice, add 2 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur, 2 oz. Malibu Coconut Rum, and 1 oz. Disaronno. Shake for 30 seconds, take the glass out of the freezer, and then strain the drink into the glass.
- If you were lucky enough to grab a real box of Samoas from the Girl Scouts, garnish the drink with one.
Girl Scout cookies never disappoint and now that we’ve found these recipes, we couldn’t be happier. If you were lucky enough to find a few boxes of cookies this year, we have one word for you: dunk.
– credit: Fortheyumm.com & Drink in America
Sex and the City Cosmopolitan
The girls from Sex and the City including Bradshaw always enjoy a drink at the bar in mostly every episode. They always order Cosmos. Now Cosmopolitans were pretty big in the 80′s, then lost it’s spark until the ladies on Sex and the City brought it back HARD. Ironically, it’s back in “out of style status” again in the Twenty-Teens as it was so well overdone in the 2000′s. Along with resurgence of Cosmos’s, Sex and the City is often credited with several other trends including : The explosion Manolo Blahniks, the cupcake shop craze, and the surge in Brazilian waxes in with American ladies.
Ingredients: 1 1/2 ounces or flavored vodka
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1/4 ounce cranberry juice
Orange peel for garnish
*Combine ingredients in a shaker filled with ice, shake well, and strain into a chilled martini glass – Volia!
Irish Cream Liqueur
- 6 oz Heavy cream
- 1 (14-oz) can Sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz Irish whiskey (or other whiskey)
- 1 tbsp Instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp Chocolate syrup (such as Monin)
PREPARATION: Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend briefly until fully mixed. Pour into clean bottles, seal and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months